Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, just someone who has taken interest in my personal health. I am in constant communication with medical professionals and I suggest anyone reading this blog do the same before treating health related issues.

Monday, September 26, 2016

Vegan Update

After I wrote my post about possibly going back to be a vegan, I put a lot of thought into it and I am now eleven days in! I think that this time has been a lot easier because I know a lot about it and and tons of cookbooks and ideas of quick, easy meals that I enjoyed in the past.

I wish that this was one of those things that you could do and there would be an immediate result. I do know that it takes a while for animal products to leave your system and your cells to turnover, so I am looking forward to future benefits. I will post about how it goes.

Some of my favorite meals right now:
- Vegetable soups: pho, lentil, and mushroom
- Tacos with soy chorizo instead of meat
- Salads with tabouli added for extra flavor
- Rice and beans with pico de gallo salsa
- Mashed chickpeas with a little vegan mayo and cut up pickles (like tuna salad) either on a rice cake or in an avocado

No comments:

Post a Comment